Indicators and Perspectives for Services of General Interests in Territorial Cohesion and Development (SeGI) - ESPON 2013
Supervisor in IGSO PAS: Tomasz Komornicki
Program: ESPON 2013
Leading partner: Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Szwecja
Orderer institution: Komisja Europejska
Official Web Site
Services of general interest traditionally comprehend electronic communications, postal services, electricity, gas, water and transport. Policymakers more recent documents tend to be more comprehensive and also look at labour market services, education, health care, child care, social care, culture or (social) housing. Socio-economic policies much focus on ensuring the provision of services of general interest to all citizens and enterprises in the European Union. Citizens and businesses rightly expect to have access to affordable high-quality services of general interest throughout the European Union. Territorial cohesion and development policies integrated these general policy ambitions and developed a territorial approach towards services of general interest. The territorial evidence to support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of territorial policy measures regarding services of general interest remains nevertheless insufficient. The project is expected to provide the territorial evidence filling this gap.
- Milbert Antonia, Breuer Ina Marie, Rosik Piotr, Stępniak Marcin, Velasco Xabier: Accessibility of services of general interest in Europe. - Romanian Journal of Regional Science 2013, 7, spec. issue - s. 37-65.
- Stępniak Marcin, Rosik Piotr: Accessibility of services of general interest at regional scale. - EUROPA XXI 2013, 23 - s. 131-147.
- Świątek Dariusz, Czapiewski Konrad, Komornicki Tomasz: Services of general interests in Mazowsze region - abbreviation of ESPON SeGI case study report. - Europa XXI 2013, 23 - s. 149-176.
- Świątek Dariusz, Komornicki Tomasz, Siłka Piotr: Services of general interest: empirical evidence from the case studies of SeGI project. - Europa XXI 2013, 23 - s. 105-129.
- Breuer Ina Marie, Milbert Antonia, Foss Olaf, Humer Alois, Palma Pedro, Rosik Piotr, Stępniak Marcin, Velasco Xabier: European Atlas of Services of General Interest. Bonn: Bundesinstitut fuer Bau-, Stadt- und Raumforschung, 2013 - 104 s.
Abstracts, reviews, notes
- Komornicki Tomasz: Editorial. - Europa XXI 2013, 23 - s. 5.
- Ferencsik Istvan, Milbert Antonia, Stępniak Marcin: Accessibility of SGI in urban, suburban and remote areas – a regional comparison in Germany, Poland and Hungary. [w]: Services of general interest and territorial cohesion. European perspectives and national insights. Eds. Heinz Fassmann, Daniel Rauhut, Eduarda Marques da Costa, Alois Humer. Göttingen: Vienna University Press by V&R unipress, 2015 - s. 221-241.
Articles, chapters, papers and others
- Rauhut Daniel, Komornicki Tomasz: The challenge of SSGI provision in rural areas. [w]: 55th Congress of the European Regional Science Association: "World Renaissance: Changing roles for people and places", 25-28 August 2015, Lisbon, Protugal. Lisbon: ERSA, 2015 - 24 s.