Models of knowledge transfer in agriculture and its influence on agricultural productivity - spatial analysis
Supervisor: Konrad Czapiewski
Orderer institution: Narodowe Centrum Nauki
The study has a theoretical, cognitive and applicative character. A theoretical goal is related primarily to description and carrying out a spatial typology of agricultural farms, taking into consideration the dominant model of knowledge transfer. The cognitive task is going to be encapsulated at every stage of the project. In addition, along with development of models the conditions of their effectiveness will be established.
The proposed research topic should, on one hand, contribute to bringing to light important details concerning spatial differentiation of issues related to the level of knowledge and accessibility to sources of information on the part of the one of most significant professional groups, from a point of view of a whole economy. The obtained research findings will undoubtedly bring a considerable amount of detailed information as regards spatial (territorial) conditions for creation and transfer or dissemination of knowledge in Polish agriculture. The conducted research study should also contribute to enriching the scientific literature by investigating the role of distance in the process of creation and transfer of knowledge. That issue, this being at present the subject of much heated debates in geographical and economical literature, seems to be of particular importance in rural areas in the light of dynamic development of information society in Poland.
Abstracts, reviews, notes
- Czapiewski Konrad: Knowledge transfer to agriculture in Poland - role of skills, education and wisdom. [w]: Global Growth Agendas: Regions, Institutions and Sustainability. RSA European Conference 2015. Piacenza, Italy, May 24-27 2015. Ed. Lesa Reynolds. Piacenza: RSA, 2015 - s. 58.
- Czapiewski Konrad, Wójcik Marcin: Knowledge transfer to agriculture in Poland: role of skills, education and wisdom. [w]: Sustainable Livelihood Security for Smallholder Farmers. XII Agricultural Science Congress, 3rd (Tuesday) - 6th (Friday), February 2015. ICAR-National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana. Karnal: ICAR - National Dairy Research Institute, 2015 - s. 269-270.
- Czapiewski Konrad, Janc Krzysztof: Three-decades of structural changes in farmers’ educational level in Poland – adequate asset for implementing the new rural paradigm?. [w]: Rural development in the Eastern EU and neighbourhood countries - present and future. Europan Rural Development Network XIIth Conference, 2-4 October 2014, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Chisinau: State Agrarian University of Moldova, 2014 - s. 25-27.
- Czapiewski Konrad, Janc Krzysztof: Tacit or codified – kinds of knowledge among Polish farmers. [w]: IGU 2014 Book of Abstracts. Cracow: IGU, 2014 - 1 s.
- Czapiewski Konrad, Wójcik Marcin: Local and codified knowledge - complementary or contradictive attitude of Polish family farms?. [w]: Proceeding of The First International Conference of the Asia and Pacific Islands Rural Advisory Services (APIRAS) & the Fifth Congress of Extension and Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources Management: "Facilitating Information and Innovations for Empowering Family Farmers". 2-4 September, 2014, University of Zanjan, Iran. Ed. Esmail Karamidehkordi. Zanjan: University of Zanjan Press, 2014 - s. 150.
- Janc Krzysztof, Czapiewski Konrad: Internet and knowledge flows in family farming. [w]: Proceeding of The First International Conference of the Asia and Pacific Islands Rural Advisory Services (APIRAS) & the Fifth Congress of Extension and Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources Management: "Facilitating Information and Innovations for Empowering Family Farmers". 2-4 September, 2014, University of Zanjan, Iran. Ed. Esmail Karamidehkordi. Zanjan: University of Zanjan Press, 2014 - s. 151.
- Janc Krzysztof, Czapiewski Konrad: Knowledge and education on rural areas. [w]: IGU 2014 Book of Abstracts. Cracow: IGU, 2014 - 1 s.
- Czapiewski Konrad: Where the brains are and move: on education in Poland. [w]: Responsible Geographies. Nordic Geographers Meeting, 11-14 June 2013, Reykjavik, Iceland. Reykjavik: Department of Geography and Tourism. Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences. University of Iceland, 2013 - s. 209.
- Janc Krzysztof, Czapiewski Konrad: Internet jako czynnik poprawy sytuacji społecznej i ekonomicznej obszarów wiejskich. - Studia Komitetu Przestrzennego Zagospodarowania Kraju PAN 2014, 156 - s. 195-218.
- Solon Barbara: Tradycyjne media (prasa, radio, telewizja) jako źródła wiedzy rolniczej. - Studia Obszarów Wiejskich 2014, 35 - s. 273-291.
- Janc Krzysztof, Czapiewski Konrad: The Internet as a development factor of rural areas and agriculture - theory vs. practice. - Studia Regionalia 2013, 36 - s. 89-105.